gallery/mainbanner

Opening Hours:

 

2 - 4pm daily - or by appointment.
Seven days a week.

Admission:
Adults - $5.00
Children - $1.00
Preschoolers free

Free car parking.
Wheelchair access.
Toilets available.

The Park was established in 1977. It was founded by the people of Gore and Eastern Southland to protect the history of the local area. 

The original land was mined for clay for the adjacent brickworks. Many volunteer hours have gone into transforming this land from a derelict untidy space to the area it is today.
The campus includes a wildlife pond, a waterwheel, a crane that loaded the 'Earnslaw' at Kingston and a church with a lychgate.

The historic buildings onsite include a church with a lychgate, an old bank, a pioneer cottage, an early school and a blacksmith.
We have a large complex with an office, a kitchen, souvenir counter and public toilets. 
Inside the complex are displays of vintage tractors and cars and agricultural implements - many of which are fully restored.
There are also displays of a saddler, communications, domestic displays, a boot maker and a variety of household and farm items.

There is also a fully-restored 1904 Burrell traction engine.
Our complex adjoins the Vintage Car Club Motor Museum. 
There is ample car and bus parking available on the grounds

gallery/village2

 

Agricultural and Historical Display Centre, in Gore, New Zealand

President:
John Graham
Ph: 208 9790

Email: buick.jg@gmail.com
 

Secretary:
Nancy Stronach
Ph: 208 1161
Email: nancy.stronach@xtra.co.nz

Groups by Appointment:
Nancy Stronach
Ph: 208 1161
Email Nancy:
nancy.stronach@xtra.co.nz
Lorna Argyle
Ph: 208 6487

Correspondence:
The Secretary
Nancy Stronach
12 Wayland St, Gore, 9710
Ph: 208 1161
Email: nancy.stronach@xtra.co.nz

gallery/stacks-image-ba8964f-798x70